03-08-2018, 05:26 AM   #14
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
Time, place and perspective all matter right? BMW isn't right for all circumstances, but brands that carry prestige or that are perceived as somewhat pretentious (BMW is) then it'll attract negative attention.

Buy cars is generally bad for building wealth but I love cars...squeezing every cent out of a Camry, Accord, Civic, Corolla makes the most sense from a financial perspective so there is merit to it...I did it for a long time and now I want to try and stay premium (with the exception of the new Accord, it's pretty impressive kit).
You can squeeze every last cent out of a BMW. I've been doing it for 30 years now and over 850,000 miles.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50