Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I agree with the others.

If you are wanting to sell the 1M then sell it to someone like seis-speed that is looking for one.

Sell the M4 quickly before it loses any more value, and pick up the M2 C which will have a fresh warranty and basically will be the same car. Then you have an M2 PE for track and the M2 Comp as a daily driver and if you like the DCT/S55 combo then you can do it again.

On a personal level , I was interested in the M2 but as I see it get heavier and heavier I get less interested. To me the PE edition of the OG M2 is the best as it is the lightest.

I've been more than happy with the power in the 1M so the S55 has little attraction for me. If I wanted to buy a 3600 Lb M car then I would get an M3, not an M4 or an M2 comp that weighs the same and has less utility for daily driving.

Having both a 3600 lb M2 and a 3600 lb M4 in the same dealerships also doesn't make much sense to me, other than if BMW continues to produce the M2 in low volume it will simply have dealers stepping clients over to the M4.
I also agree with adjuster, get the M2 and sell your 1M to someone that will truly love it. There are advantages to having a warranty, you can do ED again and it you will have the excitement again of the latest and greatest but just be prepared for when the M2C is out of warranty and electric SUVs and minivans are destroying it at red lights with soccer mom's driving them, it will also be another used BMW. Be prepared in 5 years to tell people, yeah I sold my 1M and got this....and sure enough someone will look at you amazed and said...you had a 1M and sold it?

I am not trying to talk you out of it....sell it please...there are a lot of people who this would be their dream car, just trying to help you prepare mentally for that. I go to Cars and Coffee all the time and the most common phrase I hear over and over again is...yeah, I had a X and sold it...man what was I thinking, wish I would've kept it.

If you do buy the M2, and you like manual, I recommend you get manual and you get ED and you don't bloat it even more. In the future, if my 1M got hit by a meteor and will be looking for an M2, i will be excluding automatic, DCT and Loaded keywords from my searches. Everything in the future will be automatic and loaded with crap, the cars that will stand out will be the manuals with less crap on them.

Best wishes!
OP actually owns the performance edition M2 on which only 150 models of the M2 were made that have manual seats. Of those 150 half are 6MT and the other are DCT. All Other US M2 including the new M2 comp have power seats.

So... there are only 75 M2 with manual seats that I would want.
Appreciate 0