View Single Post
      07-12-2018, 07:57 AM   #13
caustics
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: M140i

About ideas:

I can only recommend Switzerland, starting from Graubünden and driving over to Interlaken... Fluela, Albula, Julier Pass... and more to the west the holy grail of swiss passes, the Furka/Grimsel/Sustenpass... it's also possbile to skip the Graubünden area and come from the north via Klausenpass towards Sustenpass...

Near Furkapass is the devils bridge, which is interesting... Near Interlaken (after Furka/Grimsel) is also the Eiger and the Jungfrauenjoch, which is a place I realldy need to visit one day...

Or we go south from Furka/Grimselpass towards Jungfrauen Gletscher... (but that's more me thinking in combination of road + destination)

I'm going to Switzerland Saturday in a week, and I'll be documenting Furka-, Grimsel-, Susten- and Klausenpass passes for my blog. Maybe that will help in the decision making?

Of course, Switzerland is always a pricy country, food and hotels can be incredibly expensive... on the other hand it's not too far away, similiar to Austria...

From Interlaken it might be possible to head either north to the Vogesen (but that is a trip there itself, 200 km min), to the west towards France and do Route de Grandes Alpes in on of its dozen variations... or south towards Tuscany... which is different from alpine passes but beautiful nevertheless.... (though to be honest, these are all plans I want to drive someday, but haven't yet, so take it with a grain of salt... I can't really recommend those either of those 3 yet due to no experience).

Another idea might to be head more to the east of Austria. I have a few Curves!-magazines at home, I will have a look where they went there.

http://www.drivescape.de - roadtrips through beautiful landscapes (mostly with a BMW M140i)

Last edited by caustics; 07-12-2018 at 08:04 AM..
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10588.50