View Single Post
      03-18-2021, 01:45 AM   #102
jwolf
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport MT N-55 / Z4 3.0i

I am not sure a poll really helps that much. The issues are so documented. BMW was on the bleeding edge with some parts of a very over engineered and strong n54 motor. Coil Packs, fuel pump and the water pump. All new tech. The old tech failure is the Oil Filter gasket and more. Those all failed at high rates. The n55 carried over the crappy fuel pump and the water pumps were a little better (my n55 made it to 75k before the water pump and fuel pump were toast). It is not a Camry, so I am not complaining. People tune these cars. That speeds up the failure of parts. So there are so many variables for how reliable the cars are. If you buy one and replace the bad parts, pretty solid. Luckily with resources like this forum, I do most of my repairs. My 1er is not my daily. If I had to count on a car for every day, I would drive a Honda. That's actually what I did. So a failure is just a fun puzzle to solve. Not everyone sees it that way. It is all relative to what you need, and what you expect.
Appreciate 0