View Single Post
      04-14-2021, 02:10 PM   #23
Driven5
Private
Rep
Drives: E88 128i Sport/6MT

Looking good so far.

I like the additional doubler in there for the roll bar mounting plates. I wouldn't run an Autopower bar with fixed-back seat and harness without, at the very least, doing that. If anything, getting it that much tighter to the roof would be a side benefit too. Small mounting plates loaded orthogonally into a non-reinforced bit of flat thin sheet metal is not exactly integrated into the structure of the car, and won't do much good if they hole-punch their way through the floor...

While this was admittedly an extreme case type of rollover, that would have challenged many (especially bolt-in) roll bars, it's not unheard of either. There was a CRX that did almost the same at a track day I was at once. Thankfully, they too were able to walk away despite the totally collapsed roof.

With that out of the way:
I don't see rear subframe bushings listed. Perhaps something to consider, or a points issue?

Also, I'm guessing that corner weight was without driver (to show total car weight) and/or before corner balancing? What were the final, with driver, results?

Last edited by Driven5; 04-14-2021 at 03:17 PM..
Appreciate 0