04-14-2021, 10:14 PM   #24
Phloozy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven5 View Post
Looking good so far.

I like the additional doubler in there for the roll bar mounting plates. I wouldn't run an Autopower bar with fixed-back seat and harness without, at the very least, doing that. If anything, getting it that much tighter to the roof would be a side benefit too. Small mounting plates loaded orthogonally into a non-reinforced bit of flat thin sheet metal is not exactly integrated into the structure of the car, and won't do much good if they hole-punch their way through the floor...

While this was admittedly an extreme case type of rollover, that would have challenged many (especially bolt-in) roll bars, it's not unheard of either. There was a CRX that did almost the same at a track day I was at once. Thankfully, they too were able to walk away despite the totally collapsed roof.

With that out of the way:
I don't see rear subframe bushings listed. Perhaps something to consider, or a points issue?

Also, I'm guessing that corner weight was without driver (to show total car weight) and/or before corner balancing? What were the final, with driver, results?
Yup I saw that and thats what caused me to use the mounting plates. I feel pretty good about it now but am still slightly worried. Will have to try not to flip :P

You are correct with the corner weights. Here is with me in the car. It was done before my aero, roll bar and weight reduction so I need to corner balance it again. Here it is with me in the car.

I for got the mention them but the car does have subframe bushing and diff bushings
Attached Images

Appreciate 1