View Single Post
      05-29-2021, 06:53 AM   #39
Phloozy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertri View Post
Love the weight reduction and that you were able to get a good bit off the front of the car. It always seems easy to take weight out of the rear and lose the balance. Are the door cards custom/DIY?

What size RC1 did you go with?

Have you considered hood vents and raising your splitter back up? There's some videos out there showing the pretty nasty hood lift the 1 series can get at higher speeds. Seems like venting the hood would be a good way to reduce the inherent lift on the front end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertri View Post
Love the weight reduction and that you were able to get a good bit off the front of the car. It always seems easy to take weight out of the rear and lose the balance. Are the door cards custom/DIY?

What size RC1 did you go with?

Have you considered hood vents and raising your splitter back up? There's some videos out there showing the pretty nasty hood lift the 1 series can get at higher speeds. Seems like venting the hood would be a good way to reduce the inherent lift on the front end.
Yeah I have like 50 more pounds I could take from the rear but don't want to haha. The door cards are from here, super well priced even with shipping over seas. https://www.racecardoorcards.co.uk/

Running 255/40/17 in the new compound. They are actually fairly narrow so they fit well.

I definitely have considered venting my hood but have not taken the time to figure out the best locations so didn't want to mess it up. I just bought a carbon fiber hood and not sure if I want to cut it but I may do it. Do you have a link to the video by chance?
Appreciate 0