08-29-2007, 09:18 AM   #35
BossE86
Boss
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe [E86]

Garage List
Thank you Forthe,

I was at Berkeley over summer for an engineering and leadership conference and I could see the nice cars there. I understand the risks of some doofus dinging up my car but my older friends at Auburn haven't had such an issue(one has an 06 350z) so I'm trusting that it would only happen a minute number of times if at all in that area.

(to: 1drive)
I'm not looking to get a car just to be noticed, I really want a drivers car. BMW is known for their emphasis on being a drivers car, not just transportation. If I wanted to get noticed I could invest in getting a Lotus haha but that's too spartan of a drivers car.

I really wanted the BMW for that emphasis and I just want the lowest series of BMW, not looking to sport a 5 series or anything. I was looking at three series until I heard the 1 was coming to the US in the (so I've read) $26-$31 range which is less than and equal to the 328i coupe. So I figured a sportier driver-emphasized car that fit all the things I was looking for, and for less!

I'm not above used BMW's (M3 >,<) either I just feel the newer cars are more reliable and warranty is always a must with European based cars.

gtg in school ha
Appreciate 0