View Single Post
      10-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #34
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

Wow, Sorry for late reply .

Um, mid cat and resonator delete wasnt a huge impact. No drone really, and if your windows are up and driving, its not too much louder than stock, pretty quiet in fact. our Bimmers have pretty good sound dampening cabins.
I gained a bit of torque with delteing the mid cats. Not noticable though.

Just got a Helix FMIC in. and I can say its a pretty big difference, especially in 3rd and 4th..

The charge pipe i got in isnt really a big difference either. just better flow and no accordian type of bmw pipe. Plus , i liked the meth bungs it had for meth injection.

Im same boat as you, i live in high desert climate and will face high oil temps. Not sure what i will do to tackle that issue. Extra oil cooler might help but maybe a pain to do.

evertyhing else on your list isnt necessary imo except IC and OCC.. best IC i think is helix. OCC id wait till HPF sells theirs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat767676 View Post
I love the look of your car by the way!

I see you have a lot of the mods I do and was wondering if I could ask a couple questions on some new mods I'm contemplating.

I like to listen to music and talk on the phone in the car as a daily driver. If I did a mid pipe, would it get pretty loud in the cabin? Also, did you lose any low end torque or gain turbo lag?

Same question on the charge pipe/IC. Any lag? Anything you wouldn't recommend that you've done?

Thanks!!

My mods:

1--Remus Quad Exhaust
2--Agency Power Downpipes
3--JB4 Tuner
4--JIC Coilvers
5--JIC STB
6--Removed rear coilovers, replaced with H&R Springs in rear(still need better shocks, but couldn't stand ride/sound of rear Coilovers)

Need advice on:

1--Mid Pipe
2--Sway bars vs. bmw perf susp vs. new rear shocks/JIC coils up front vs.?
3--Oil cooler(keeps losing boost/high oil temps on track days)
4--IC
5--Charge Pipe/BOV
6--DCI
7--Oil Catch Can
JB4, DCI, Digi boost, CSL eyelids, 5% tint, KW v2's. Bastuck 85mm quad w/ berk resonated mids, LED int ltg, Perf SSK, CF int trim, 19" SF-71 rims, CDV mod, BMS OCC, ER+tial charge pipe. AR DP's, Helix IC,meth, drilled slotted rotors
Appreciate 0