05-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #99
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96ti View Post
2008 / June 2008 ______45K______cost me... $612 not covered under warranty or good will_______N54

Just started having the low coolant light come on. I topped it off once, drove it for a day. Light came back on. Topped it off again and drove it to work and back. I noticed there was a bit of coolant leaking onto the ground. It had been raining for the past 2 days and couldn't see anything.. Today I got the car in the air and dropped the sea of plastic underneath.

My pump has not officially failed yet, but is leaking at the aluminum/gasket/plastic sandwich. I'll be doing it myself this weekend if I get parts in time. Ordered everything from Turner Motorsports.
So your 2nd water pump is now leaking? Was the 2nd pump replaced at a BMW dealer? You know BMW warranty's its parts for 24 months with unlimited miles. IF a BMW dealer did the install... all work is free IF the part has failed again. IF an indi shop replaced your water pump with a BMW original part... the part still has a 24 month warranty. It might be worth your while to contact a dealer to see if you are covered.

Dack
Appreciate 0