11-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #15
kleach18
Essayons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
I bought the US version of the PE and shipped it over to the UK. The plate states the 806 part number however it also states that this is for the UK market...oddly. Anyway, I chose 806 over 805 as the 805 sometime misses out the Y-Pipe which I wanted (even though I never plan to fit it, custom/berk mids planned instead). I chose to buy this exhaust from overseas to play the exchange rates, I got a much better deal which I owe to Dackel

I cannot say whether this exhaust is louder vs Euro versions however, I can say that on cold start it is very loud. The tone is definitely deeper during normal driving and WOT is a lot of fun . This is axle-back only but definitely an improvement over stock & golf-tee. It's covered 200miles only so let's see if things change in a few months.

On the plates that are welded to the exhaust and y-pipe it actually says UK on them.. Its hard to read but it says UK 10/12. I'm guessing that the build date..

With the y-pipe installed its definitely louder but not to loud in my opinion.. I love it. I cant wait to drive it in the spring with the windows down(I tried with the windows down now and the heat on, but its just to much once I gt moving..)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0