07-21-2016, 10:13 AM   #25
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeroni View Post
Hats off, Matt. This will be a great resource for new guys AND a wonderful repository of useful information for all existing 1-Series owners. We have a similar set up on the Yamaha FJRForum.com called the Bin o' Facts. It is set up by Generation, as there have been three distinct Generations of this wonderful Yamaha motorcycle. I am inclined to suggest similar divisions for our Ones, but that might result in too much repetition, so I will leave that up to you and the other major contributors.

Also, you may want to include a technical section for each Oner. This could include the following:
Torque specifications for common fasteners
Gear ratios for different tranny setups
Links to maintenance and upgrade videos -Got it!
Tire recommendations
Aftermarket parts sources -Good call I'll add some
Best OEM parts sources -Got it!
Group Buys on common upgrades, e.g., exhaust, suspension, wheels
Accuracy of onboard metrics, e.g., speedometer, tach, temp, etc
Dyno test results for common mods, e.g., Dinan, etc.
Paint codes?
Recall histories of each model
Aftermarket lighting alternatives

That's all I can think of at the moment. Hope this helps. Thanks again for working so hard on this!
Doing what I can I'm trying to be decisive with the information I include in this thread. I don't want the post to become so saturated with info that it's hard to look at. While all of these recommendations are great, I don't think I can include them all without stretching this thread too much. I'm going to sort of piece meal it for now and keep it aesthetic so when someone looks at the post they don't go "ah fak, wall of text!" lol. If you have any good aftermarket parts sources please share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Perhaps these pdf's will help. I think you should also make a list of all the recalls that effect 135i's and maybe the more common service actions too.

Dackel
Love it Dackel, I'm going to go through these and try to create an index.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_thompson View Post
You need to add the N51 engine for the 128i.

Describing what came in options like the Sport or M-Sport package would be helpful.
I'm not knowledgeable on the N51 so I'll need some help on that, what year was it active? Any differences in specs? Anyone who can help with this, I'd appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
This thread is really coming together nicely. Thanks for taking everyone's input and promptly adding it. You're doing an excellent job and this thread will benefit countless future E82 1-series owners.
Thanks for the kind words! I really enjoy learning all this and the typing/formatting comes easy to me so I'm happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
in the recommended tools section- looks like the skinny spark plug socket needs to be added to the list
Good idea, added!