06-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #64
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcourville View Post
Well it still doesn't make sense? Why would the 1 Series continue for MY2012, but not the 1M? BMW wants to make money on this car, that's what they do. And they don't have to stock any, just build them for sold orders.

So it's clear that the N54 will continue for MY2012. And it's clear Canada has MY2012 1M models.

Please post something official where BMW states it's a one year production. If it is, they would have definitely stated it by now, several times, OFFICIALLY.
as far as "making money" on the 1M... I really consider this to be an engineering excercise. It is a parts bin car of sorts, so many of the items that were used to modify the 1M over the 135 were already " paid for". There are some development costs no doubt... but as far as I am concerned, this was a great way to gauge the market to answer the question if BMW fans would buy a car that isn't badged as an M3/M5/M6/MZ. The answer clearly is a resounding yes.. but the Leipzing plant makes the 1 series models, and the X1.. and the X1 is selling like hot cakes.. so much so that they had to delay the US debut by a year (probably so they could produce 1Ms right?)...

the E92 M3 sedan is going away... and the non M version is still being made and not going away right?
People still want to buy E92 sedans too right? The M cars always arrive to market later than the regular models and they typically leave the market earlier as well. It's been that way for years.

As far as building 1Ms for sold orders... for all we know.. that's exactly what they will do.

As far as posting something official... have you noticed that the same 3-4 people on this site post all the new updates?
Think about how/why that happens..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 06-10-2011 at 07:03 PM..
Appreciate 0