View Single Post
      05-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #13
BimmerAg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Great thread! Unfortunately I'm still on stock suspension unlike the other more hardcore track guys in here, but like I've mentioned before, in my personal experience, the stiffer H&R front sway bar has increased understeer pretty significantly. There is likely a point (somewhere between the stock and H&R bar) where the reduced camber loss from a stiffer front bar increases front grip and decreases understeer, but the H&R bar is way past that point.

There is a small local track that does monthly time attack events that I'd like to do some testing at next time I make it out. The event is structured so that each car gets three heats of timed laps, and there's usually at least an hour between heats. My plan for next time is to run each heat with a different setup: H&R bar, stock M-sport bar, and no front bar. Lap times will obviously tell part of the story about which setup is best, but with only a few laps to get used to each setup I'll try to collect as much additional data as possible. The track has a pretty long-sweeping 180° turn that will hopefully provide some good data on steady-state cornering g's with each setup. I'll be sure to post the results in here as soon as I get them!

P.S. Love nerding out about suspension with y'all. Great discussion!