07-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #30
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Just spent about 10 minutes on the phone with my dealer shooting the shit. Basically, his feeling is that it's more of a software issue than a mechanical issue and he immediately elaborated. I guess the 745s had some kind of a pump issue as well and the problem ended up being something like the air/fuel ratio being off which could be fixed with updated software. He also noted that for some reason yesterday was one of the biggest days he's seen for N54 HPFP failures (more than 20 cars). He hasn't seen a pattern (weather, etc.) but he found it very odd. No real point to my post but some interesting food for thought. He did say that most cars tend to be a one-and-done with the fix but there are always those cars with a half dozen failures.

Also, he said that if I have another failure to call customer service and request that they cover one months lease payment. He said they've been VERY liberal with the payments as they are quite worried about people leaving for other brands.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0