View Single Post
      07-22-2019, 08:17 PM   #283
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Picked up a set of rear M3 camber arms, which I will convert my rear suspension to use these parts. This upgrade was triggered by the fact that the rear shocks are now too short since moving to a standard upper mount. The upper mounts I used reduce the shock droop and result in the rear end unloading a lot on weight transitions.

The KW competition shock lower mounts are actually bolted on instead of being welded on. I will remove the lower mounts and convert them to a classic shock eye. At the same time I will make the custom part long enough to increase the droop travel to a good amount for rear grip.

This lower mount upgrade is a good idea since the lower non-M pin style mounts are very prone to binding up on removal/install and the threads are already damaged on mine. I figured it'd be better to fabricate a custom part on a superior mounting system than to just replicate the standard mounts

Moving to a ball jointed shock eye should also reduce rubber bind in the rear end too, the pin style mount has to bend as the suspension compresses. I am not sure what practical difference it will be, but will be interesting to find out
Attached Images