09-23-2019, 08:46 PM   #72
Suprgnat
Слава Украине!
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i LMB 6MT ZMP Slicktop

Garage List
2013 128i  [9.58]
When I did the 130i rear hub conversion I discovered that the 39k mile Rogue toe arms are finally shot. Worse yet, the outboard links can no longer be torqued to spec as the original aluminum spacers are now deforming and collapsing under torquing load.

I purchased these replacement bearings in August of 2014,about 30k miles ago in anticipation of today. Talk about prescient. They are FK JMX series with a 17,959 lbs. ultimate static radial load compared to the original FK NJM series bearings at 7,400 lbs. They might be overkill.

To address the spacer issue I went to the source and contacted Ben at Rogue Engineering and he whipped me up a set of custom replacement spacers out of stainless steel and had them to me in record time. We started the conversation on Tuesday and they were in my hands on Saturday. Custom. Cross country. That's customer service!

Now I'm waiting on the arrival of the SPL rear toe arm eccentric lock-out kit. I would have had it made as it's basically a set of square washers but my machinist quit and sold off all of his machines. Guess I could have made a set with my chop saw, the drill press, and some hardware store aluminum strip but, naw.
Ric in RVA1468.50