View Single Post
      06-18-2015, 10:06 AM   #17
Ericsson.FFS
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 135i, E82, A/T

Thank you so much for clarifying this!

I did just now stumble upon something in another thread that brought to life yet another question, perhaps you or someone else that reads this have an answer for this as well?

Here goes:

In another thread covering an 1M exhaust conversion, http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ctional&page=2, the user 1SER135 wrote the following about evaporative canister related issues that needs to be tackled:

"1SER135*05:49 AM 11-16-2012

Ok so as a update i thought id let everyone know that the evaporative canister is apparently only a problem with the US spec cars. This is why Eisenmann had to mod their quad exhaust for US spec 1er and not EU Spec. Australia has EU spec so we dont need to worry about it."...

As I live in Sweden my car would also be of EU-specs, so what I wonder is if this means there's no need to deal with some/any of the evaporative canister-issues, i.e. they are in fact no issues at all?

So far it has appeared that there's at least 3 evaporative related parts I would need:
16137845193 - Low Pressure Fuel Pump Bucket Vent Pipe
16137845194 - Exhaust Steam Pipe with Dust Filter
16137845195 - Gas Filler Vent Pipe

Though, I believe this has been proven to be so on a car with US-specs, but perhaps it doesn't affect those of us that drives a EU-spec'd car....?

Thanks, again
Appreciate 0