View Single Post
      12-08-2017, 11:36 AM   #9
RyanDavies
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 128i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicbelly View Post
It is going to be a MidDiv series. (and awesome. )

Some guys from DMVR put it together, and basically, it will be a CT series at Iowa Speedway, RPM, Hallet, and Topeka. The CT's will be run on the same days as the regional/majors races.

Here is a link to the rules.

https://www.dmvrscca.org/wp-content/...doc_latest.pdf

Schedule
https://www.dmvrscca.org/club-racing-schedule/

And if anyone is interested, You will need a CT license. Join our facebook group - DMVR SCCA,or message me here. I will need to have the app filled out with your track experience, and I can get you either a novice of full liscense from there.

As far as NASA, (Love the TT program) I will be shooting for TT5, but will likely try to keep the car TTD legal for this year, so that if the count will allow it, I have a chance at tires and other contingency. I really know nothing about the 1 series yet, but it could do well in TT4, epecially if you focused on ditching weight. That is actually what I am going to do for 5 as well. Not going to do anything to add power this year. I'd like to end up under 3000, so have to stay under 200 avg. hp.
Gotcha. I just started looking at TT5 WRT the 128 (the NB Miata I've got will end up better off in TT6 for a number of reasons when those rules come out, rather than going silly to make it a 5 car). The car could be pretty streetable (3100 w/driver) with current power levels (242/221, so would end up around 220 avg based on the 5 formula, maybe a touch less, or could easily run heavier than that...) I'm curious what your plans are for brakes/cooling. I've looked into (briefly) aftermarket rads + oil coolers, but since I actually haven't taken the 128 on track, nto sure how big of a deal it would be. I'd imagine based on oil/coolant temps I saw back when I ran the car at ProSolos, it would be a big one. Also really tiny (300mm) brakes. Maybe not such a big deal for TT use.
Appreciate 0