Rep
Drives: '08 128i

Garage List
1992 Honda Beat  [9.50]
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
2014 BMW 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snub-nose 28 View Post
Congrats on getting an N52. The way to go, among others too.

Strongly voiced advice: Hold off on that tune at this early point in the ownership cycle. Defer until you and the car are ready-premature this soon

Unless you have full records, have an indie or dealer, perform your baseline service and maintenance review

Tune is soft goods, only occur after hard stuff. You're not near aquainted with hard-goods opportunities

A tune will not address the -how can I say this kindly- the plethora of opportunities awaiting you

When your hard mods have addressed the suspension, then have the 3-stage intake fitted. It's first tier before the tune

Tune now=total waste of $$

First 6-12 months: you're in get aquainted mode, and then, research-comparison-weigh and consider, then prioritize

Like a dance partner, get to know the moves, its' and yours. Enjoy this time, it's utterly unique, and evaporates (too) soon enough
I agree, partially.

Wait til the car nickels and dimes you a few times. If you buy the tune now, something unrelated might break, and suddenly you're $2000 deep into a car you bought last week. Although being a previous BMW owner this may not surprise you.

Keep in mind, the 128i has some pretty good aftermarket support, but no where near what the 135i has to offer. You will hit the mod wall fairly quickly. Enjoy the journey while you can. I'm not saying don't buy the intake right now, but relax and find a good deal. Look into BimmerLabs.

Now that I have the 3.73 diff and 3 stage, I'm truly noticing how floppy the stock suspension is. Get some good rubber on there - or buy some correctly sized wheels and get a wide tire on her.

I see you're in Orlando. Do you enjoy car meets?
Appreciate 1