View Single Post
      12-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #36
mojo1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
Idk how he replied to you and if it was rude im sorry about that. A lot of the 1M guys helped each other out when we were all looking for allocations.

BUT you have to see where the OP is coming from. He was a car with probably a loan for $XXXXX amount. It probably has taxes rolled in. so he probably does owe more than just what BMW's msrp is. & it's annoying when trying to sell a car and you get offers for $40k on a car that is worth atleast $10k more. & annoying window shoppers who just bitch about the price and thats all. Serious buyers are hard to come by on the forums. Id say 1 out of 10 people are serious buyers on these forums.

That being said the car is not available anywhere. Ive been keeping decent track of the 1M, and i personally can name 15 dealers that sold their 1Ms for $5k over atleast. Another 10 dealers that got atleast $10k over. Most dealers right now are asking 10-15k right now.

And a few 1Ms have sold used for MSRP. BUT they are so rare that it totally depends on the seller. Just like rare cars (lotus) it highly depends on the owners. Many forum guys are asking $53-$55k for a base or only Premium package 1M (which MSRP is $46k-$49k). So there is still a markup. The fully loaded guys are the ones asking $60-$65k.

I PMed a few guys i knew looking for a 1M about my 1M. 9XX miles, fully loaded w/ clear bra. I wanted $63k. to cover my taxes; etc. I had 3 people out of 10 who had no problem about the price. Only reason i didn't sell was b.c the r8 i was interested in from a local dealer was sold before i could put a deposit on it, so im keeping it.

So there are buyers out there for our prices (even on this forum). Shit i know many people on this forum paid over MSRP for there cars from the dealer but won't admit it. Sure everyone paid MSRP even now ... I have a friend at a local dealer and one of the forum members said they paid MSRP when i saw the bill of sale and it was $5k above msrp.

Also understand there are BMW DEALERSHIPS out there that will offer to buy our cars @ MSRP + you get the tax savings ($4k+ in my area) if you buy another BMW, unfortunately there isn't anything from BMW that i want.

Frankly I'm not buying into the numbers you expressed. Based on a previous pole, at this forum, none reported paying over MSRP. In the resale picture the same holds true. The market will determine the value, that being the "buyer". I have no problem with any asking
price, even if unrealistic, but rude/sarcastic comments are what I object to. Back when the lotus Elise hit USA market a lot of similar hype was sterring, indeed those great cars circumed to market conditions, just like the 1m will.
Appreciate 0