View Single Post
      12-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #37
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1 View Post
Frankly I'm not buying into the numbers you expressed. Based on a previous pole, at this forum, none reported paying over MSRP. In the resale picture the same holds true. The market will determine the value, that being the "buyer". I have no problem with any asking
price, even if unrealistic, but rude/sarcastic comments are what I object to. Back when the lotus Elise hit USA market a lot of similar hype was sterring, indeed those great cars circumed to market conditions, just like the 1m will.
What numbers do you not believe? Lol i know that previous poll. But realize many people came onto this forum to find their cars and than left. Also many people do not want to admit to anyone they paid over MSRP There was many times i called a dealership after a lead was posted on this forum just to miss it by a few minutes and it was purchased by a forum member with a markup. Many of us went thru the same thing. Please don't come in here and think you know what the "true" market is. No one does. Their has only been a few sales. Dealers are asking/getting even more markup now ($10k on avg.). Dealers are even offering to buy back cars that were sold @ msrp.

also i agree that rude/sarcastic comments are wrong but than why do you come in calling our asking prices unrealistic? Who are you to judge our prices? If you don't like the price just don't say anything. Ive looked @ exotics that the seller had a crazy high price. I didn't tell him his price was way too high blah blah blah, i just didn't buy it.

Its funny b.c alot of the people that have a problem with the markups are people without the car. And this isn't an elise/lotus that has current (well not right now) production. This is one time deal. you either buy it now are play with your luck later on. Yes you might be able to get cars for cheap later on but who knows when/if. Shit I still see 03 cobras sell for $25k+, 06-07 STIs for $25k; etc. Thinking the 1M is going to depreciate like a normal 1 series is unrealistic. Even compare it to other M cars. The e46 held its value very well before the e9x m3 came out. Same with the z4m, etc.
Appreciate 0