houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slonik View Post
our at transmission had additional oil cooler installed previously (small enough), so first time we use same config. it was fitted on one of the stock exchanger lines.
when we fitted large cooler later, we use same lines to save time. i have in plans to change this config to something more neatly, cause i don't like a lot of bended lines there.

as i know dct cooling system has thermostat, so i don't understand, why people say "cooling system warms transmission oil".

and, do you saw dct temperatures? dct controls temperature in few points and i'm shocked how it's hot on some units, for example like forks cooling.
when we had small cooler, after second overheat warning i saw in log something about 180c degrees... same time, point with lowest temperature was about 130c degrees.

i can try to upload pics with dct information from Rheingold later, if you didn't saw this previously.
I love looking at the pics you post and watching the progress of your build, thanks for posting them!

from what i understand, the DCT heat exchanger is there to quickly heat up the transmission fluid from cold. I have been reading that cold transmission fluid increases wear, so the heat exchanger quickly warms up the fluid to operating temp to reduce wear. I am guessing that is important on a daily driver, but not so much on a track car as the harsher driving will probably heat up the fluid quickly.

never seen DCT info from rheingold, would be glad to look at it if it's available and learn about how you did the dct cooler install.
Appreciate 0