RoundelM3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Get the Cayman and get it out of your system. I had a series of used Porsches and one brand new Boxster before I switched to BMW. There is NO Porsche that is practical as a daily driver (I'm talking cars, not trucks), having gone that route for quite a few years. The 135i would be far more practical, especially if you're commuting from Lake Jackson to Houston (I used to live in the Houston area). Think of it this way - as a DD, you're going to be packing on the miles, and once out of warranty, Porsches are more expensive than BMWs to keep maintained. For a fun weekend car? Sure, Cayman/Boxster are fun, but you really don't want to be driving one day in and day out, getting it dinged, full of road grime, and potentially in some kind of accident.

Also, you cannot wrench on the Boxster/Cayman engine very easily, and the only access is from underneath unless you pull out the engine cover behind the seats (in a Boxster, this is underneath the convertible top cover panel). There's not really much you can do to that engine, either, save for maybe exhaust and an intake. There's no turbo, so not much you can tune unless you start messing with cams and other internals.

And, if you're like me (6'3", 230 lbs), the fit in a Cayman, especially legroom, is VERY snug. The Boxster wasn't very comfy on long trips, but that's subjective on my part.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0