View Single Post
      08-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #12
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
I believe the vehicle comes thru New Brunswick, GA for the port of entry. If doing ED first, it comes thru the VPC in New Jersey. From either VPC, it goes to Spartanburg for PCD. Depending on when your PCD is, the vehicle may sit outside for a bit at the VPC.

The PCD will not drill one hole in your bumper unless you're physically present and give them verbal permission to do so. No dealer prep crap will be installed, since it won't see the dealership. If anyone is gonna be molesting this thing, it's gonna be me!?!?

ED deliveries require the vehicle to clear customs before PCD can be scheduled, where as, non-ED PCD deliveries can be booked when the vehicle enters production-ish. The PCD will go thru the ins and outs of the vehicle with you, unless you've already done this with ED.

I found this out today--->no kids under 12 for the driving courses or the factory tour due to ins liability purposes.

I plan on bringing a shit load of blue painters tape or track tape for protection for the drive home.

Last edited by mikewills; 08-14-2011 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 0