04-28-2019, 12:49 PM   #57
Stubbie Blue
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire148 View Post
Hey I was wondering if anyone had issues with the bmw chimes ie seatbelt chime low fuel etc. I fitted a new head unit and now my bmw chimes have changed to a really annoying beep/buzz. has anyone got a solution on how to get the original chimes back, the chimes used to come out the speakers but now it sounds like they come from the tacho/spedo is it a possible wiring issue or did i need to code something. everything appears to work. speakers. mic . steering wheel controlls , reverse camera etc its just the chimes thats the issue.

I know the unit I have is different to this guide but Ive tried searching for my specific issue with my specific head unit and found nothing.

the head unit i have is from eresin.

many thanks
The chimes are sent over the CAN bus and your Eresin headunit appears to have a built-in CAN bus decoder so it is playing the chimes. You can check on the headunit if there are any options to configure the chimes but I doubt it.

I'm using the PAC RadioPro for chimes and they just copied the BMW sounds. It also hooks up to directly to the chime speaker under the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0