05-25-2019, 11:57 AM   #7
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiro444 View Post
Being a big guy like me at 6'3", it's the only way we fly to Hawaii or other long trips. Once in a while though, for a few bucks more than Economy Plus, you can score First Class tickets which I found for the trip back last year. No such luck this year though.
I'm 6'3" as well, so I appreciate every inch of legroom I can get. R/T from Chicago to Heathrow in Premium Economy is around $4k for the two of us. Much less than first, but a good bit more than regular economy even after you add in Main Cabin Extra fees. But the two seat option vs three seat in economy is also a huge plus.

We always take AA 90 to Heathrow because it leaves early morning from O'Hare and gets into Heathrow just before 11PM. So it's easier to just get there and spend the first night in one of the Heathrow hotels and start out fresh the next morning. The flight always had a 2-4-2 seating arrangement, so MCE seats were fine as long as we got one of the 2-seat rows. But they've changed the aircraft now so if you want a 2-seat row, you have to go with Premium Economy.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0