View Single Post
      11-24-2007, 02:27 PM   #14
mkiiieustyle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: mk3 vr6 jetta, soon to be 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
I'd blame the idiot who brought a car to a dealership to have a shift knob installed. They are probably (rightfully so) penalizing for sheer stupidity, which I'm all for. Might as well go to a brain surgeon for a haircut.

Oil services at my dealership are not $200. They are $110. Remember, these are trained BMW technicians you're asking to change your oil. You are taking them away from diagnosing very technical things, which is why there's a 90$/hr fee for these guys, no matter if they are fitting floor mats or diagnosing and iDrive issue. Again, I blame the idiot for bringing their car to a dealership for something they can easily do themselves.

wow actually someone understands the technician world....... me being one i love installing TRD parts on scions and yoda's... why you ask because there so damn simple to do that anyone with half a brain cell can spend (depending on what they have boguht) a half day installing spings/shocks, intakes, fog lights, wheels the parts i laugh at most is the shift knobs, door sill enhancements (sticker), dash enhancements(sticker), LED CUP HOLDER LIGHTS etc etc.... at the end of the day customers pay me to install items that can be done at home or the parking lot. it can get agrivating sometimes due to the fact i do have other things like diaging ecm's ESPECIALLY if it's a hybrid. my advise to people is if you want to buy a shift knob etc then take time to read the instructions an install them yourself (don't worry the instructions usually have pictures and hints of what tools to use) you probobaly get a good sence of accomplishment when your done and you just saved 100 bucks to go out drink or save it for some nice shinny new wheels :thumbup:
Appreciate 0