View Single Post
      10-25-2017, 09:33 PM   #212
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Unforuntately my custom made toe arms ended up failing shortly after installing them. The ball joints from FEBEST were low quality and develeped significant play.

Got some hardrace toe arms installed. These were supposed to be local stock but took 3 weeks to arrive. Was a real pain getting any response from Hardrace too, not particularly happy with the service considering these were local stock and took longer than just buying it from the USA.

While I was waiting for the toe arms to arrive I ended up buying a set of whiteline poly toe bushings from MRT. This upgrade was only $60 and actually performed very well for the very small investment. The hardrace arms cost $350 and while the ball jointed arms do perform better, these poly ones offer 80% of the performance at a fraction of the cost. Well worth doing the poly bushes if you want some stability without breaking the bank.

I have limited time before the upcoming Tasmania Trip where we will be doing over 2000km of hard driving so I really wanted the arms quickly. They arrived with just 1 week to spare before I leave for the trip so all worked out in the end at least

These arms are very well made, although I am not a big fan of the colour. Also worth putting some tape over the arms when adjusting them, as the finish is very easy to mark up and scratch the paint when tightening down the bolts. These arms should be exactly the same as the Megan racing arms, which I believe all use the same supplier with different stickers. These are good because of the ball jointed contruction which are sealed for long life.

Best thing about ball jointed toe arms during the install is that they are fully articulating and do not require torquing at ride height

Worth replacing the outboard bolts to the knuckle, last time I installed the custom toe arms, the bolts looked fine but would not torque to 100Nm and woulod just spin. New bolts sorted that out.
Attached Images