12-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #65
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjm129 View Post
Talked to my dealer today and yesterday, service rep showed me his computer screen, says trans oil change every 3rd oil service (SB date July 2011) but no requirement for 1200 mi service. I showed him the attached SB from Canada and he even talked to the regional rep who said Canada is a different market than the US, so they won't cover the trans fluid change until the 3rd oil change, which is BS! Last I checked Canada is in North America and they call themselves BMWNA. Anyway, looking to change it myself, not giving these clowns $200 in labor to change it. (that was his quote). And they don't have it in stock, nor can they find out a part number in their system.
The service bulletin SI B00 01 10 from Canada linked on the first post of this thread is from May 2011 and does state the manual transmission fluid (MTF-LT-5) should be changed at the 1,200 mile run-in service (see page 14 of the bulletin). However, that bulletin was superceded by the June 2011 version of the same bulletin. The June 2011 bulletin says the manual transmission fluid does not need to be changed at the 1,200 mile service. So I think the most recent U.S. and Canada bulletins do in fact say the same thing.

I've attached the June 2011 version of the Canada bulletin. Below are screen shots of the relevant sections from the May and June bulletins.

For my part, I'm hoping to get the manual transmission fluid changed on my run-in service on the way home from PCD. If they don't have the fluid, I'll do the service myself as soon as possible after I get home. They ordered the fluid, but they're not sure if it will arrive in time for my service. The part number they ordered was 83 22 2 156 969, which is a 1L size and matches one of the part numbers listed on the first post in this thread. There's a picture of it in the first post, too.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf SI B00 01 10_June 2011 Canada.pdf (405.5 KB, 2197 views)
Appreciate 0