View Single Post
      04-05-2016, 02:10 AM   #40
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandandan View Post
I did this successfully without the driver side window switch panel (extra button). Lots of guides say you need this switch, you don't, just the power folding motors in the mirror housings.

With proper coding, you can have them fold sans switch, even with comfort access.

Be sure to check if you have the three pin connection (LIN Bus) on your existing setup. This makes the install much easier.

I went from manual folding with heat and driver seat memory to the same setup with power fold and auto dimming outside mirrors. I changed the glass to the tinted blue EU concave style with just heat as my windows are tinted. The glass has the same four pin connector for the LIN Bus as the auto dimming glass. Two of the four wires for the auto dim just go directly to the heating elements In the glass. Everything looks great and functions perfectly.

Hope this helps someone.
Interesting, was the coding equal to regular LIN bus mirrors or different (how) because of the switch panel without power folding button? Which part number is the tinted blue EU concave style?
Appreciate 0