02-19-2018, 03:15 PM   #72
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue135 View Post
There are some door openers that require some sort of electronic bridge or add on to work properly. That was the case with my 2008 E88 when I moved to this house. The Homelink worked fine in Charlotte on a ten year old Chamberlain from Lowes.

Then I moved to a brand new house here in Florida with Liftmaster openers. Homelink would not work, then I installed a Chamberlain Homelink Rptr or Homelink Compatibility Bridge as recommended in the opener manual.

Now it works, not great, but it works.
BMW's compatibility with homelink is spotty over the years ... some years the mirror works by itself and as you mentioned some models over certain years have to have a compatibility bridge.. it's complex enough that one cannot even specify certain years as models overlap years and some models work while others do not.

http://www.homelink.com/compatible/vehicles/all

Despite the list in the web page.. Keep in mind that 3 series E46 may work..but 3 series E90 May not.. for example..

The HomeLink® Compatibility Bridge is designed to allow compatibility between a new Chamberlain, Sears Craftsman, or LiftMaster garage door opener and the HomeLink system in your vehicle. Refer to the your vehicle owner’s manual for specific instructions on programming the HomeLink system. Your model may look different than illustrated in this programming guide.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 02-19-2018 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0