View Single Post
      05-21-2016, 08:01 AM   #42
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
If poly bushings makes it worse than before, is it worth getting new genuine OE rubber bushings in the toe links?

I assume you got the car re-aligned after changing bushings.

AFAIK, the best solution would be the bimmerworld adjustable rear toe links. If I get serious about tracking the car, that's what I would buy.
I marked the eccentric bolts before removal, and I checked the toe after reinstall with my plates. Still spot on.

Why would you think adjustable toe links are the best solution, if the toe links don't appear to be the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydra View Post
My car became a LOT better once I installed Whiteline RSFB (not the inserts), Godspeed toe links, camber links, and M3 Guide rods. Cured all the ills the rear end had, and I'm still on stock springs/shocks mind you... Installed them all at once so I wouldn't be able to tell you the individual effect each of the mods had.
Yeah, could be the inner camber arm bushing, or the guide rods.

I'll probably cave and buy a set of inner camber arm bushings on the cheap.....but I doubt I'll spring for the M3 guide rods at this point, at least not on the 135, as I'll probably be selling in a year or so.

Perhaps I'll try them on the X1, which suffers from the same problem, albeit to a lesser extent.

Edit: What are you referring to as the "camber arm"? The camber arm is the sheet metal arm that supports the spring on an E90, but that's not what the Godspeed camber arms are.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0