Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiflicious View Post
Well shit now I don't know what to get
I'd resist putting a whole lot of money into one of these cars, at this point, as these things have depreciated so much now that you will probably never get your money's worth out of it. Since your car is an AT vehicle, and apparently that suits you, there are lots of other cars out there, and will continue to be a lot of cars available, that you likely will consider to be an upgrade when the time comes. It's one thing to dump thousands of dollars into (for example) an E-46 M3, or a Porsche 911 996 Twin Turbo, or even a somewhat newer M3. Those cars have either stopped depreciating or are depreciating slowly, and they may even be appreciating. The 1-Series cars, with the exception of the 1-M, will continue to go down in market value.

All it will take is some loser running into your 135i, and having an insurance company total it, and you could be out a lot of money for mods that you will be unlikely to get anything back for.
I hear you and trust me I've thought this through and part of me completely agrees with you. Here's my thing though, I won't be able to afford a better car for a few years until I'm done with school so I plan on keeping the car for a while. And I want to buoy the car fully in the mean time. My only fear is like you said, getting the cat totaled. When I got rear ended last week I couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if I had all my mods and that guy totaled my car. Ah fuck man idk
Appreciate 0