02-08-2018, 08:28 PM   #22
asiflicious
Captain
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
Definitely do the M3 subframe bushings. They reduce the deflection of the rear subframe under-load, which translates to more predictable and consistent handling, and smoother power delivery.

For coilovers, it's a mixed pot. You clearly don't want to drop your car to the frame rails, and I'm sure Portland roads are like Seattle roads (terrible). I'd simply put in some good, sporty shocks. Koni FSD's seem to be liked for purely street cars that might do some auto-crossing every once in a while. I like my Koni Sport (adjustable) shocks, though they are the more aggressive side of things, and can get a bit harsh over sharp imperfections (my experience). People seem to also like the BMW Performance springs, which offer a very mild lowering, and some sportier spring rates, which you can combine with any shocks you want.

As for the sway bars, it's a matter of opinion. Stiffening the front induces understeer at the limit, while stiffening the rear induces oversteer at the limit. Up to you...I chose to invest in the rear, and I'm perfectly happy.

M3 front control arms are considered a must, but they do make the ride a little bit harsher. I'd seriously recommend the Dinan camber plates, the price is fantastic (for a Dinan product), and they really boost the turn-in and reduce understeer.

Click on my build link below to see everything I have, and read the description for the suspension/handling of my car. It's set up exactly as I like it, and I don't think I'd change a thing.
I don't mind the car getting lowered (not dumped) nor do I kind a harsh ride IF the pay off is worth it. If the car feels planted and ready to tear up some curvy roads I can live with less comfort
Appreciate 0