View Single Post
      07-16-2017, 11:21 PM   #85
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Those ducts look awesome. Any. Ore info on how you made them? Also any pictures of everything connected?
I CADed them up basically, and printed them with my printer. It took quite a few iterations (well over 10) to get just right. To the point where it mated up with the stock mounting points as well as covered the bumper well and mates with the "other" duct on each side (i.e. a blank duct on the driver side and the oil cooler duct on the passenger side). The outlet sneaks toward the center of the car to avoid the front wheel well all together. That allows you to run them without any rubbing.

See pic below for everything installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmak View Post
WhatsADSM. Those ducts looks amazing. Looks just as good if not better then stock. Pretty sure it's 3d printed. Can the stock fender lining still be installed in no problem? I guess I just use a hose to connect the two ports. Those looks professionally made. Well done
Yup they are printed, and they use a piece of brake/engine ducting to connect the plastic "air catcher duct" at the front bumper with the "distributor duct" at the heat/dust shield. No matter what you would need something flexible there since the wheel is moving, in many axis relative to the chassis, within the wheel well.

And yes the stock wheel well stays installed so that everything is properly protected from the elements.

Here are some pics I took just before I took off my R-Comps and put the street tires back on after my 2 day track weekend.

up load pictures

The brakes all around performed flawlessly (I wish I could say the same for the rest of the cooling but that's another story). My brake setup consists of 340mm F30 335i front brake swap, stoptech lines all around, PFC08 pads all around, Castrol SRF, and my brake ducts. Pretty amazing because it's such a simple setup that I paid so little for yet it really does rival my 380mm 6-Pot + 355mm 4-Pot Stoptech setup I had on my modified E90 M3! I just ran them lap after lap and they just never gave up... And I am known to be very aggressive with my braking (Running on R-comps with other suspension and power mods in the advanced group). I tend to out brake just about everyone on track and use it as a weapon. I brake late, hard, and do a lot of trailbraking so I rely on brakes heavily for performance and consistency.

Last edited by WhatsADSM; 07-17-2017 at 12:39 PM..
Appreciate 0