08-29-2014, 04:26 AM   #10
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Thanks. If I were to do it again with a spring/damper setup I'd probably use the same parts. I find it amazing how little space I was left with under the front fenders by upsizing the front tires again, but it really illustrates how little room we have up there. The ride and handling are exactly what I wanted. Turn in is sharp and I can actually feel the road now. There is hardly any body roll whatsoever even without a bigger front sway bar and the rear end grips about as evenly as it can without a proper limited slip diff. I get no axle tramp and very little squat. Oh and NO RUBBING (a requirement of mine, along with no drone from my exhaust).

The ride is compliant over bumps at mid/high speed. At low speed (40 and under) you'll feel them, but it's not spine shattering or kidney powdering by any means. Also, it's firm enough that where the road goes, you go. What I mean by this is that if the road bumps up and then dips, so do you. If it repeatedly undulates, so do you. A lot of the harshness that would go along with that does get soaked up but the car still moves with the road, there is ZERO floatiness. I will add that this typically isn't a problem and actually works in your favor for flat cornering and transfers. My wife loves the change, and she's super picky about being comfortable.
Oh, thanks for the write up. Sounds like exactly what we are after. I am just annoying people and asking about their suspension mods as I have been searching for the optimal setup for about half a year.