View Single Post
      01-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #33
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
That car looks like its sticking its tongue out at me.

Im in.

Think itll be able to fit the 135?
My guess is because the lines of the 135 bumper are different it will not fit. You may or may not be able to bolt it on, I cant be sure, but it certainly will not look the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
great work paps, thx for being an valuable asset to the forum!

In relation to the extra info you're anticipating, let me run some expectations by you, befor I throw myself on the list:

- How much ~ will it lower the ground clearance at the front bumper? Is ~0.2"/~5mm or less realistic to expect?
- Do you have a link/picture of the M3 version?
- Does the lip continue flat underneath the bumper, roughly till how far underneath the bumper?
- What is the way of mounting? Or in other words: if it is stressed, will it stress the bumper in turn or is it mounted directly to front bumper unrelated mounting points?
- Can we choose our color of pinstripe, or in my case can I choose to not have a pinstripe?

Just asking, would certainly understand if you do not know this much yet! Your best guess would work at this point.

PS I'd be more interested in ABS material.
1. Not sure on clearance yet as I dont have dimensions

2. The silver car in the pictures that I posted are the M3. More pics can be found here http://www.autoblog.com/photos/bmw-m...#photo-4247168

3. The M3 one does continue flat I have attached 2 pics. I imagine ours would as well since I am requesting a duplicate of that piece.

4. My guess is its mounted through already existing holes/bolts. I havent looked underneath the 1M or the M3 but I think the CRT one is mounted that way.

5. As of now there is no plan to pin stripe because we havent gotten that far yet. Each customer would have to do that on their own. We plan to make an attempt to see if someone will pinstripe the pieces for us at a reasonable cost at which point you will have the option of color or to bypass pinstriping altogether.

Sorry these are my best guesses at this point, I didnt want to leave you hanging.

As far as ABS.... I know some people are interested in that. Once the CF is done I think we can explore that option. It may or may not happen.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0