View Single Post
      06-20-2020, 04:39 PM   #32
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Thanks a lot! That's super helpful.

Unfortunately I'm getting lost now.

I've measured my struts, top mount flange (@ chassis) to the top datum of the knuckle; 466 at full droop; 367.6 at ride height.
Using a measurement from your Ohlins install thread (372 top mount flange to knuckle datum @ 326mm ride height; 2mm lower than these geometry measurements), the top mount flange to knuckle datum for this setup should be 373.92.
Now, my car has stock non-sport springs, koni special active struts, and Xd top mounts...I seriously doubt it's lower (367.6 vs 373.9) than your track setup! I thought I could just plug in your coordinates, adjust based on strut length @ ride height, and arrive at my geometry...but it's not worked out.

I don't really think that the wheel arch/fender reference will be the same on both chassis, but at this stage I think I might have to use it. Ride height on mine is 354; 26mm higher than yours to the arch...that sounds like the right ballpark. And I doubt that the fenders are as much as 30mm-ish higher relative to the suspension points on the e90/1. Come to think of it, how sure am I that all the suspension points transfer 100% between the two cars?

Time for me to take stock, and figure out a better way to get my model set up

All this just for some spreadsheet fun in the evenings, while I contemplate shoehorning M3 springs into the front of my car

Last edited by Tambohamilton; 06-20-2020 at 04:45 PM..
Appreciate 0