03-18-2008, 01:22 AM   #1
aus_buster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

135 vs 335

Excerpt from edmunds.com

"Lead Senior Editor Ed Hellwig says:
I would find it hard to buy a BMW 135i. Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant package — one of the best BMWs I've driven in some time. It's fast in a straight line, rips corners and is nicely finished throughout. More importantly, there's never any sense from behind the wheel that it's somehow a lesser BMW. All the materials are high quality, it seems as solid as a 7 Series and the interior feels spacious despite the small exterior dimensions. In fact, its size is often a plus when it comes to squeezing into traffic or tight parking spaces.

So why would I hesitate? Because the BMW 335i coupe is only $5,000 more. Yeah, that's not exactly chump change, but if you can afford $35K for a car, is $40K really that much of a stretch? Maybe, but I would make it. For the extra $5 grand I would get a coupe that's not only better-looking, it would lack the stigma of being BMW's "entry-level" car. Sure, the 335i coupe was the entry-level coupe until the 1 Series came along, but it never looked like it."

I know the pricing is US dollars and in no way represents the difference here in AUS (I beleive the difference from my 135i order to a quoted 335i order is $34,500); but if it were a difference say of 8-10K would any of you aussies consider a 335 ? :iono:
Appreciate 0