05-04-2018, 04:23 PM   #11
Neiman Levenson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000 View Post
You're a brave man ordering a single turbo kit from a company with hardly any feedback without getting much of a price discount (assuming you didn't get one for posting a review and media after the fact), but for what it's worth, that manifold is among the best I've seen from the looks of things. One piece manifold, twin wastegates in the right spot so you won't have to deal with boost creep, Garrett snail, etc. Looking forward to some feedback once you get everything in hand. A few questions...
  • What was the delivery estimate after you sent payment?
  • Are you installing this yourself?
  • What clutch/fueling upgrades will you be making?
  • Does a conical filter fit on this kit considering the water cooled portion of the turbo moves this towards the passenger light? Those turbo snouts are problematic I've heard.
  • Are the wastegate lines silicone or stainless line?
Oh, I definitely worked out a pretty darn good deal! There hasn't been much posts/info around the forums, but I have found and talked to a few people who run the ViE kit and they all love it and have gave me some great feedback. The manifold is definitely impressive and so is the rest of the kit. All the Fab work is top notch. Jon Vigil is the shop manager at ViE and he was also the lead fabricator for AR design, and fabricated basically all the catless downpipes they made AFAIK, which were beautiful downpipes and pieces of art. Also, VIE builds some absolute insane cars on other platforms. (they have made 1000+HP evo's for years) So im pretty confident in the craftsmanship of this kit. Cant wait to see how everything comes together and give the praise I think this company ought to deserve on our platform

1 - I believe lead time is 4-5 weeks. When i ordered, I actually lucked out and they had a kit on the shelf in stock. I am however waiting an extra 2-3 weeks for the turbo, as that is not the standard turbo included the kit but rather an upgraded one. Kit comes with GTW ball bearing turbos, the GTX gen 2 is much more expensive and newer, and overall such an impressive turbo. Look up some GTX gen 2 stuff when you get the chance! They are the latest and greatest from garrett. The GTW from garrett are water cooled and ball bearing as well so they are definitely quality units, but the newer GTX gen 2 line has some amazing stuff going on. VIE can source any Garrett turbo you can dream of at a good price as they are a dealer for Garret I believe. can't wait to see how the turbo feels/performs!

2 - yep gonna do it myself with a few buddies, looking to start in late june

3 - Gonna do a stage 3+ spec/mfactory SMFW. tons of other supporting mods too. probably a dw400 fuel pump (Vadar Solutions stage 2+) that single pump can flow up to 700whp on full E85 supposedly..

4 - Honestly not sure on the filter, will swap it for a traditional filter if need be. I personally haven't heard anything wrong with it, and think it looks super badass! The turbo definitely sits a little more forward with this kit, and the filter is what allows it to. It keeps the heat a bit father from the valve cover / ignition coils / wires and also allows a ton of space to be free'd up near the strut tower.

5 - I know all the oil and water lines are stainless steel for the turbo, and it comes with a mac solenoid, DEI titanium heat wrap, turbo blanket, water pipe with bung for water/coolant feed lines, etc. the vacuum lines themselves are the only thing Im not sure of if they are stainless steel or not, but everything else looks good so far. Will definitely update as soon as I get the chance!

Last edited by Neiman Levenson; 05-04-2018 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 0