View Single Post
      04-24-2018, 12:40 PM   #93
bionicbelly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z3 coupe, 128i

Mid-Ohio update. Car ran great! I had plenty of power, and not a single hiccup all weekend. A welcome change to the last two events.

I still have some alignment work to do, and shock tuning. I am not used to the AST shocks at all, and need to do a solid test day to really get a feel for what I am doing.

As far as the alignment, I do not think I am at the camber measurement I need yet. I may have to do some drastic work to get to where I need to be. Bimmerworld has been literally zero help help to me, other than wasting money...I had a whole speal about this, but, meh. Bottom line, BW left me hanging, and I will not be using anything from them anymore. On the bright side, I will be getting some tools to make this stuff myself.

On to results...
We ran the pro course saturday, and club course sunday. Saturday went pretty well. I got second (seven entries) with a 1:39.701, and team Cindric got me with a 1:39.630. Pretty close, but not quite.
Sunday, was pretty crappy results wise for me. 1:42.549 (4th overall) I did not do well first thing, drove like a total newb, almost ass packed an Elise, and went four off in the keyhole. Later, after calming down a bit, I could not get a clean session in. I was late to grid once, and had to start at the back, then on my last session, do or die time, one of the slower guys gridded in front of me, usually not a big deal, but he killed my momentum coming out of the carousel on lap 1, so that lap was shot. I got by him right away, and focused on staying smooth. Got a hell of a run out of the carousel to start my second lap, nailed 1, and the bus stop, nailed the keyhole, and my lap timer was showing a 1:40 something. I am thinking win at this point. I push though the esses and turn 9, and didn't really loose or gain anything there. Up thorough thunder valley, I am focused on the carousel, as that is what will make or break the lap. There is a huge cloud of dust and steam at the exit of the carousel, and yellow flags everywhere. I hesitate for a second. Mustang is off, and hit the wall. Black flagged session, no opportunity to go out again.

Anyway, it was Mid Ohio, which is where I want to go when I die, and I had a blast. The car got me there, ran all weekend, and got me home, and I got to see some of the folks that I don't get to regularly, so it was still a win.

I took some video, but somehow deleted it. Stupid.
Appreciate 0