08-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #58
MikeinAlexandria
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M Sport Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by matmanx1 View Post
Having just driven an 09 Boxster at the dealership this last week I can safely say that the handling and road feel is pretty out of this world. Sounds even better than the 1 series too although it ought to considering the price difference.

Interesting that you brought the Boxster up because my choice at this point is really down to: keep my daily driver econo box Lancer and buy a Boxster for fun OR trade in the Lancer and order a new 128i to be my one and only car.

I've been in love with the idea of owning a roadster since college and now that I have the means to do it I am seriously considering it. I don't want to derail this thread though as this is an altogether different topic. Suffice it to say that I intend to get as much seat time in both cars over the next couple of months as possible.
I would have to say, the new Boxster can totally be a daily driver, and it has about the same totally trunk space as the 128i convertible with the top up (a little less than nine cubic liters).

I have had some sort of roadster and a sedan since 1996, and being able to choose between them is a nice option on a daily basis. But, life is short, and if you can go for the Porsche I would do it. My 128i was a compromise because I didn't trust the 135i engine, and honestly all I could find to test in the DC area were 135i automatics, and the 128i in a manual was way more fun! (same with the Boxster, PDK works very well, but it is nothing like having a manual. In fact if someone were to give me a Boxster for free, I would take the base Boxster with a manual over a Boxster S with PDK)

All that said, keep in mind that BMW is releasing the new 135is coupe and convertible... Just to add to the mix!
Appreciate 0