12-15-2018, 06:18 PM   #30
Stubbie Blue
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shia_is_my_spirit_animal View Post
Stubbie, can you help me with steering wheel programming? I have the RadioPro set to Pioneer/Other, and I am in the steering wheel controls menu but it doesn't seem to be recognizing the steering wheel inputs. Above each column of buttons are little numerical displays that show 255 and intermittently change to 254. Wondering if I have a loose wire? But I can't find programming instructions.
Make sure the DIP switches are set on the RadioPro before you power it up. If you try to change it while it is on, it won't work properly. Just unplug the power wires, set the switches and plug it back in to restart it.

Leave the RadioPro on the default Pioneer programming in the beginning to test it, and you can customize it later. When you press a button on the steering wheel the red light on the RadioPro should come on. Then on the Joying SWC screen, some of the numbers should change to like 50 or something, and you can assign it to a function while still holding down the button.

If that doesn't work, check the wire (blue/yellow from RadioPro to brown wire of Joying) or try restarting the Joying headunit (swipe down from top and the middle icon I think).
Appreciate 1