View Single Post
      12-28-2023, 03:20 AM   #1
flcn
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i 2008

Angry BMW 128i 2008 interior electrical complete malfunction

I have a 2008 bmw 128i that has an interior electronics issue where the gauges, radio, key, seat warmers, steering wheel buttons, turn signals, all decide when they want to work. I work on cars, normal time but part time, and before I acquired this car from my boss as a loaner to drive and fix, it sat at a mechanics shop for about 6 months where after messing around with the footwell module they got the electronics to work 90% of the time by toying with the programming. They couldn’t fix the issue completely however. I drove the car for about two or so months, and now as it started to rain, it sat outside for two days, got wet and a bunch of water got into the driver side footwell and the driver rear floor at. I dried it out, but unfortunately the issue the car had before it was at the shop for 6 months returned. Oh and the ac fan doesn’t work either….. but as all of these functions are canbus, I am guessing that it is the canbus being lesssed up causing this issue with all of the electrical functions. Any guidance on what to try would be greatly appreciated. I have taken it apart, so inspected the FRM, RDC, and BCM modules for corrrosion but somehow they all look good. There is a my
Appreciate 0