Dat1seriesdoe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 10' 135i AW fbo mhd2+ - rip

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post

IF the hose is really stubborn you might just replace it too. Feel the hoses to make sure they aren't hard and brittle or cracking. They should be soft and flexible.

Dackel
hoses seem good and pliable ...

I finally got it yesterday, since it was the last connection, i twisted the tstat and got an angle on it with a flat head and pry'd it loose.. got everything out and reinstalled in about 25-30 minutes - bolted up, plugged in and clamps tight..

Now im fighting this last 1" elbow on the front side of the tstat.. i can not for the life of me get it to go deep enough for the clip to catch the channel on the nipple side. Thats literally the only thing left for me to complete.. ran outta light last night - its in front of my work and ive been getting to it after i get off each day starting at 5pm and it gets dark around 845-9pm.. im hoping today i can get the elbow to go on deep enough. yesterday that break from it allowed me to get that last connection off - so im hoping the same today with the elbow haha.

still def worth doing no matter what - i got parts from rockauto.com (gates pump & stant tstat) both reputable names next day shipped for $460.00 total and had it in a day.. local Firestone wanted $1600 to do the job, and i dont even want to know what the dealership would want to charge.

its a little bit of a pain in the ass, but ill take a pita to save 1140.00 any day!
Appreciate 1