View Single Post
      01-25-2016, 06:23 PM   #5
titium
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

For anyone looking to have these installed my personal experience is that they add a noticeable amount of NVH when going over sharp transitions (even with non runflat tyres). Other then that you barely notice the difference in NVH.

Not sure if the m3 bushes would be the same and it's just a result of the bushes being firmer in terms of the added NVH. Maybe one day I'll get the chance to ride in a car with the M3 bushes and report back.

Either way these are a significant step up from the standard bushes. They definitely lock the rear down. No more bouncing around. If you're contemplating doing this mod just do it you won't regret it. I was actually surprised at how good the standard suspension is once you've done this mod. I should note that I did do rear guide rods and aftermarket toe arms at the same time so both of these would have also helped.

I got the bushes and arms installed at a shop for $550 inc gst and wheel alignment well worth the $$.

EDIT:

Turns out the extra nvh was from the shop installing my m3 guide rods backwards (got them done at the same time as the bushes). Now that that's sorted car feels great. While there is a minor nvh penalty it is totally worth it.
Appreciate 0