08-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #14
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiuM View Post
swapping is pretty straight forward, you take the wheel off and then the calipers and place the pads back in between the disc and caliper.

All the other cars I've replaced have been my jap imports and the pad just slots in straight down between the pistons and rotor, but the 135i calipers are quite large and have bracing between the two so they need to be pulled off.

It's pretty straight forward and once you've done a few you can knock it out in no time. I found a piece of rope from the top of the suspension to hold on to the dangling calipers to be very helpful as the caliper are quite large and heavy and you don't want your brake lines being yanked

I run ds2500's on the street with no squeeling at all. And the pad sensor I just shorted the two wires so the warning light no longer appears.

edit: I just found a guide for those interested: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263962
Thanks RadiuM. Sounds easy enough. Definitely not something I'm likely to be doing though!

I asked on the main forum and the main suspects are;
OEM Sport Pads
Ferodo DS2500
PFC8

I'm a little lost as to which to buy! Leaning toward the OEM one as I can get the dealer to do the install and not worry.