Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by $iriu$black
Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousgook View Post
Not that I am aware of, wires are just wires to me lol, not much of an electrician and sure as hell I suck at wiring.

It's been a long time since I had my tail lights re-wired.. Around two years ago? So I'm not entirely clear on what I did EXACTLY back then. When I did the xenon headlight conversion I had my tail lights wired up correctly and coded to work with the xenon retrofit.

In all honesty, if it works fine now I would just leave it, unless you're really OCD about them. We seriously need a sticky for the LCI Halogen guys so they will stop asking the same question
I know, there SHOULD be a sticky for this.

Is there anyway you can send me (PM me) some more info as to what you did to do that conversion? Is that using OEM or aftermarket lights?

yeah I'll just stick to how it looks like now I guess. But thanks though for the help!
I just installed them. Here is what I did to swap wires:
-take a pick (similar to what dentists use) and on the sides of the connector you will see that it unlatches.
-take the pick on each end and pry off.
-take the pick and stick it where you see the metal clip right below the latch (where the pins connect to).
-push in the metal clip and push up and out. That clip holds the pin socket in place. You can grab the wire and wiggle it out at this point.

-Then just slide it into the other socket until you hear a click. Voila.