02-09-2018, 08:55 PM   #79
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprgnat View Post
I live in California and own a SULEV (I love that I can tell "lesser" lovers of the environment in California that my car is a SULEV), so starting this year I'm subject to bi-annual smog inspection. The SULEV radiator is equipped with a "PremAir" catalytic coating that converts ground level ozone into oxygen using the heat dissipated from the engine. There is a sensor, and the car will throw a code if the sensor is gone or malfunctioning.

EDIT: I would be very pleased if one of the high-performance radiator manufacturing companies made a true performance radiator for the BMW NA SULEVs. There are hundreds-of-thousands of them.
That sucks! I wonder if any of the tuning companies makes a bypass for that sensor...

I did more research, it seems I need the pipe coming out of the water pump from the auto cars, and the pipe bridging from a fitting on that pipe to the heat exchanger. But I'll look at my engine tomorrow and see what I really need. RealOEM isn't helping (it thinks my engine has the heat exchanger).